Who we are
The FCMIG is the largest student organization at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. They are students dedicated to becoming the best physicians possible while helping others.
The goals of the FCMIG are:
- To promote the specialty of family medicine.
- Provide oppotunities for medical students to interact with practicing family physicians.
- Facilitate presentations that provide medical students with information regarding the practical aspects of medical practice.
- Encourage the development of clinical skills in medical students.
- Encourage OU medical students to take an active role in state and national organizations that promote the advancement of the medical profession.
- Foster participation amongst incoming medical students.
- Promote opportunities for medical students to share their knowledge and skills with members of the community. The FCMIG is responsible for many activities scheduled throughout the school year; Monthly Speaker Luncheon Series, Skills Clinics, and summer externships are some of the activities you can attend.
FCMIG Lunch Lectures
Each semester the Family Health Foundation offers College Medical Students in Oklahoma City and Tulsa the opportunity to attend lunch lectures featuring speakers from the different Family Medicine Residency Programs throughout Oklahoma. This is an opportunity for students to learn about Family Medicine, the different programs available after medical school for Residency in Oklahoma and time to gain one on one interaction with residents and faculty.
Below are some of our events in 2014
- September 16, 2014- FCMIG Welcome Lunch
- October 3, 2014- FCMIG Meet & Greet Social
- October 14, 2014- FCMIG Local & International Missions Luncheon
- November 18, 2014- FCMIG Sports Medicine Luncheon
We look forward to your involvement in FCMIG!
2013–2014 FCMIG Officers
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the following people with questions you may have regarding FCMIG.
- Mina Sardashti President
- Mary Siems Vice President
- John Grisham Treasurer
- Becky Purkaple Secretary
- William Dave Sinclair StuCo Rep
- Jenna Geohagan 4th Year Rep
- Kayleigh Baskin 3rd Year Rep
- Calin Kirk President
- Katie Kramer Vice President
- Bobbi Lakin Student Liason
Dr. James Brand President Family Health Foundation of Oklahoma
Paul Preslar, DO FHFO Secretary/Treasurer Family Health Foundation of Oklahoma
Dr. Paul Wright Vice President Family Health Foundation of Oklahoma
- Sam Blackstock, CAE Executive Vice President Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians Family Health Foundation of Oklahoma
- Kari Ames, Deputy Director Oklahoma Academy of Family Physicians Student Programs Coordinator Family Health Foundation of Oklahoma